Pingmonk (a service by Scienlabs Technologies) has a policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
What This Policy Covers
- Our website (pingmonk.com)
- Our mobile applications (including the Pingmonk mobile app for Android and iOS)
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in two ways: if and when you provide information to us and automatically through operating our Services. Let us go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It is probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depend on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for a pingmonk.com account to provide name-surname, email address, and password and that is it.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a subscription to a Pingmonk Plus plan, SMS messages, etc., for example–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Credentials: Depending on the Services you use, you may provide us with credentials for your website (like SSH, FTP, and SFTP username and password).
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with our team about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example when you create or make changes to your account.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the pages you visit or site parts that you check the most. We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account or charge you for any of our paid Services.
- To further develop and improve our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their monitors more efficiently.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use.
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising and better understand user retention and attrition–for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time.
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Pingmonk and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services.
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by Pingmonk and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Pingmonk and our products and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, we provide content recommendations, target our marketing messages to groups of our users, and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based because:
- The use is necessary to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account–for example, to enable access to our website on your device or charge you for a paid plan; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our Services, to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent. For example, before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell the private personal information of our users.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third-Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need to know information about you to provide their services to us or you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, SMS and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, assist us with our marketing efforts, help us understand and enhance our Services, need information about you to provide technical or other support services to you. We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments to share information with them. These vendors are listed in the “List of data sub-processors” section below.
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental requests.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Pingmonk, third parties, or the public. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury then we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to our site.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable our advanced security settings, like Two Step Authentication.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services–for example, paid ones, may not be accessible.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account, monitoring alerts, and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Pingmonk does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Services. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Pingmonk’s websites, with the drawback that certain features of Pingmonk’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we would be sad to see you go if you no longer want to use our Services, you can close your pingmonk.com account. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in Information We Collect above. For example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights for your data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to
- Request access to your data;
- Request correction or deletion of your data;
- Object to our use and processing of your data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your data; and
- Request portability of your data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you are not able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to complain to a government supervisory authority.
How to Reach Us
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
List of Sub-processors
Pingmonk uses the following products/services (which are all GDPR compliant):
- Limestone Networks: for sending monitoring requests and storing data.
- Amazon Web Services: for sending monitoring requests and storing data.
- Digital Ocean: for sending monitoring requests and storing data.
- Nexmo: for sending SMS and voice notifications.
- 2Checkout: for credit card payments.
- PayPal: for PayPal and credit card payments.
- Google Analytics: for analyzing the browsing behavior of our users and visitors.
- Google Fonts: for loading custom fonts.
- Rollbar: for logging errors and bugs.
- Google Ads: for auto-pausing Google ads during downtimes.
- Facebook Ads: for auto-pausing Facebook ads during downtimes.
“Subscribe to updates” feature on Status pages
The status page is a voluntary option to showcase your customers. With the Pingmonk Plus plan, you can enable the subscription feature allowing your customers to subscribe to the announcements and updates you will share on your status page. These emails are sent from our servers.
Such a customer will subscribe using his email address. This customer needs to confirm his subscription through an email he will receive in his inbox. His email address gets stored in our database and the owner of the status page does not have access to it and can not view it anywhere.
The customer can unsubscribe through a link available in every status update email he will receive and through an option available on the status page all the time. This action needs to be confirmed through an email too.
The Status page owner or Pingmonk has the right to remove users from this updated list anytime without informing the subscribed user. If the Status page gets removed, all related data, subscribed emails included, will be removed too.